Career resources available 24/7, worldwide
To locate openings that best suit your needs, the Career
Center maintains state-of-the-art technology to provide customized job
search services for students through Symplicity. The one-stop solution
manages: job postings, employers, clerkships, interview selection,
calendaring, communications and more. Connect to Online Resources (log in required).
Albany Law's career services system includes flexible, dynamic and intuitive job search features-and access to a Personal Job Search Agent to find jobs matching your interests and skills. Resumes of students can also be forwarded electronically to employers.
First-year students meet with Career Center staff during their first week on-campus to begin developing a personalized career strategy. In addition to helping you set your goals we offer a variety of programs and services to make sure you reach them, including:
- Career Counseling: Examine your interests, consider your options, identify possible employers and plan your studies to match your career objectives.
- Career Education Programs: Learn from workshops, meetings, panel discussions and other activities with alumni and other practicing professionals.
- Job Search Skills: Get help building a resume, writing cover letters, networking and learning other job search essentials.
- Interview Coaching: Videotaped and professionally critiqued mock interviews prepare you for the challenges you will face when you do it for real.
- Interviews On- and Off-Campus: More than 900 interviews are held on campus each year with law firms, government agencies, public interest organizations, and businesses. We also arrange job fairs and interview programs throughout the country, including New York City, Boston, Washington, D.C., and Chicago.
- Job Fairs and Employer Information Sessions: Take advantage of opportunities to meet potential employers from an array of fields and learn what they are looking for.