The deadline is August 1, for applications for transfer status, and are considered by the Admissions Committee between July 15 and August 10 of each year. Academic excellence at the primary law school is the main criterion for admission. Of the 87 credits necessary to graduate, 55 must be earned at Albany Law School.
Applicants for admission with advanced standing must:
- Complete at least two semesters at an ABA-accredited law school
- be eligible to return to that school
In addition, applicants must:
- Submit application online through the
Law School Admission Council (LSAC)
- Submit an official transcript from their current law school and their class rank
- Provide a letter indicating that they are in good academic standing
- Submit an LSDAS report
- Submit two letters of recommendation
The Admissions Office staff is dedicated to assisting you through the application process. We are available to answer your questions and concerns, and encourage you to contact us. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m EST/EDT. Please email us at
email@example.com or call 518-445-2326.